Celebrity Cruises must secure more than 60% of its bookings within the tight window of wave season (Q1 and Q2) coming out of the New York DMA. The cruise line competes with analogous brands as well as other major players in the travel vertical, including tourism boards, resorts and hotels.
PGR Media recommended a diverse media mix (TV, outdoor and digital) anchored by NBC, a target and brand-appropriate partner.
This media mix supported a branded content vignette campaign as well as sponsored weather content across NBC’s TV, outdoor and digital platforms within the New York DMA. This weather sponsorship included:
- On-Air: Branded 7-day weather forecasts driving Weekend Morning News, followed by :05 billboard and a :30 commercial
- Online: Exclusive sponsor of NBC’s weather section, including: pre-roll, in-banner video, page skins and on-air web drivers
- Taxi TV: Interstitials prior to weather forecast, followed by a :30 commercial
- NBC Transit (PATH): Exclusive sponsorship with ads running adjacent to all weather reports on platforms in-train, followed by a :30 commercial
Over-delivery against all impression goals:
- 254% Digital
- 156% Outdoor
- 124% TV
- 258% CTR for the digital weather sponsorship, leading to a spike in Celebrity Cruises New York DMA web visits. The custom vignette series elevated cruising-experience perceptions and increased consumer intent to cruise with Celebrity Cruises.